My kids love when I make this. I love that it's SO easy. Just get it started in the morning and it's ready at dinner time. Buy coleslaw and potato salad already made from the deli and this meal really couldn't be any easier.
Dry Rub:
3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
1 (5 to 7 pound) pork roast, preferably shoulder or Boston butt - Bone In
Mix the paprika, garlic power, brown sugar, dry mustard, and salt together in a small bowl. Rub the spice blend all over the pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight. (OK, so I almost never do this ahead of time....)
Put in Crock Pot on low all day (about 10 hours).
When the pork is done, take it out of the crock pot and put it on a large platter. Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes.
While the pork is still warm, you want to "pull" the meat: Grab 2 forks. Using 1 to steady the meat, use the other to "pull" shreds of meat off the roast. Return to crock pot with a little of the drippings to keep it moist until you're ready. Serve on buns with BBQ sauce.
I love mine with BBQ sauce and cole slaw on the sandwich.....yummy!
Number Of Servings:We get about 12 - 15 big sandwiches from a 5 lb. pork shoulder with bone.
5 comments:
Thank you, thank you, Julie! I'm going to go out today to get the ingredients for this. It look so good, and ever better...super easy! Pretty soon all our meals are going to look like yours!
YUUUMMMMM!! I made this last night- took some to G&G White. It was SO good! And my kids loved it too! And my house smelled so good all day while it cooked. I'll definitely have to make this again. Thanks!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I made Mom's rib BBQ sauce to put on it. Deeeeee-licious!
I also love the way this makes the house smell...just thinking about it makes me want to make it again : ). I've never thought to put Mom's rib sauce on these - that would be so good!
When I got home from school the night my mom made it I could smell it when I got out of the car. In the garage witch is a good distance away from the kitchen.
Post a Comment